Sunday, December 21, 2008

Holidays and Family

If there's one thing I love about the holidays, it's family. Being in Arkansas for 10+ years, we didn't always have the opportunity to travel back to Florida for Christmas. Now, we're back and for the third year in a row, I realize how much we've missed while we were living up north.

We had our little get-together tonight with Mike's mom and step-dad. It's a special get-together that his mom plans every year for her children and their families. We had a great time just sitting, watching the kids open some presents and laughing.

I can't help but love this picture. Yes, I did get the "serious" shot with everyone looking straight into the camera but this photo makes me laugh. You see, the kids in this photo are all cousins. What makes it really special is that almost half of them haven't seen the others in about two years, yet they got together and in a matter of minutes, acted like they've seen each other just yesterday! Now that's Christmas.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I love it! Merry Christmas. PS. Arkansas is not in the NORTH! HA

Karen said...

@Beth
You are farther North than we are AND you get snow therefore I consider it in the North! LOL

Merry Christmas to you and your family!