Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Are you smarter than a ....

Are you smarter than a 2nd grader? Well, I thought I was! Until now of course. Yes, that's right.. now that Jennah is in the Quest Academy program, I'm feeling kind of stupid! Her homework consists of getting on the computer and doing math work, making family trees using one of five ways to show it to the class (ie. technology, art, writing, etc) and let us not forget doing family interviews for writing. Oh, did I mention she has 73 ways to practice spelling words! Crazy huh! 73 ways! What happened to writing your spelling words 50 times until you got them correct! I didn't even have a computer in my classroom until high school and at the age of 7, I don't think I even knew the word technology never mind doing power point presentations! What a difference time makes. Anyway, I'm looking to the future and thinking I'm going to help Kaylee more with her homework which mostly involves the decision of what color crayon to use for the picture she's going to color. I'll let Mike help Jennah with the 73 ways of spelling and the technology! LOL

1 comment:

Beth said...

oh my! Jennah is so smart! I would totally not pass that class.