Monday, October 5, 2009

lately...

I haven't been blogging much lately - and boy have I been hearing about it! I have a good excuse though, or at least I think it's pretty good. The kids are in school. Yes, that's my excuse! When they were home during the summer, there were tons of thing to blog about because they are so funny and I had more time during the day to spend with them. Now, they get up, go to school, come home, have some playtime, dinner, homework, baths and bedtime. Did you see anything funny about that last sentence? I didn't think so! There are occasional stories like the one I'm about to share that do happen on school nights and I'm happy to blog about them. So, here goes:

The other night, Jennah was in her room hiding under the blanket on her bed. Kaylee was wandering around the house calling her name. I was in my bedroom when Kaylee came in and said "Mom, where's Jennah?" So, I told her "I'm not sure but she's not in here." Kaylee looks around my room, then says "Damn it" and walks out. Now, we all know, she's only three so for her to use that phrase in the manner she did was pretty funny to Mike and I but of course, we got on to her about it being a bad thing to say - before we turned and giggled to ourselves. Oh, let me clear the air while I'm sharing my story... my brother and his fiance are living with us at the moment and SHE uses this phrase quite often. I didn't want you to think Kaylee got it from me!

No comments: