Thursday, February 25, 2010

We have a new puppy...

Ok, not really... had you going though huh? You see, we decided to let Kaylee roam the house in her new "big girl underwear". Yeah, that's right, potty training time has finally come. So, I say we have a puppy because I'm sure this is what having a puppy is like. You know.. you take them outside, walk them for hours, only to come in and have the puppy go potty on the floor. Well, yeah, it's like that, exactly like that only I haven't brought myself to grabbing Kaylee by the scruff of the neck to drag her over and rub her nose in it and honestly, I haven't made her walk outside for hours either. Hmmmmm I wonder....? Oh no, never mind. Really though, it was kind of her idea to start this. She doesn't want to wear diapers anymore because "those are for babies" or so we've been telling her every time she needs one changed. She even cried when I put a diaper on her tonight for bed. So, for now, I take her in the bathroom every half hour or so and we sit...and sit...and sit. Of course, we haven't got the timing down just yet. Oh well, we'll get there one of these days! Until then, we'll keep the Clorox wipes stocked and the paper towels close by.

4 comments:

Kimberley said...

Good luck! We need to get Jacob potty trained too, I am soooo dreading it. Ugh.

CaseyLew said...

YEAH! You can do it!:)

Nonna said...

You go Kaylee!!!

Beth said...

Well she's ready sound like. Good for her! Go Kaylee. I set a timer for ever 15 mins. I was going out of my mind. After the first few days, I told John, I can't do it. I have a lot of those little training panties and we used everyone of them all day long. At night, we did a pull-up, she felt better about that than a diaper. Good luck.