Friday, April 16, 2010

AARRGGHHHH - I can't win!

Sometimes you can't reason with your children no matter what. My conversation with Kaylee on the way home today was as follows:

Kaylee: "Hey mom, we had cake in class today for Heavenly's Birthday."
Me: "Oh, I bet that was yummy."
Kaylee: "Yeah, it was white with pink letters and pink on the sides, and we had a juice box to drink."
Me: "That sounds nice."
(A pause)
Kaylee: "Mom, you didn't bring me a cake to school at my birthday."
Me: "No, Kaylee, but remember mommy brought princess cupcakes?"
Kaylee: "Oh yeah."
(another long pause)
Kaylee: "But you didn't bring cake to me at school."
Me: "That's because I brought cupcakes instead."
(Kaylee pauses again)
Kaylee: "But you didn't bring me cake."
Then she begins to cry because I didn't bring cake, I brought cupcakes!

Suddenly I have a vision of Kaylee doing couch time, telling the therapist that I NEVER brought cake to school for her!

4 comments:

Nonna said...

Did you tell your therapist that you never had a Barbie?

Autumnlynnxox said...

awww! I love it! lol so cute. :)

Anonymous said...

AhHa!!! That's my problem I never got cake at school.

Beth said...

That is a funny story. Kate thinks it's not a real birthday party unless there is a cake...not cupcakes or for goodness sake not a cookie!!!!