Monday, May 3, 2010

I Need What?..

Lately, it seems like I'm having a hard time reading things unless I hold the item I'm reading further away than what I'm used to. I swear, it happened overnight. I was telling Mike (my hubby) I needed to get my eyes checked and he told me I was at that age... So, I trucked on into the Optometrist today - finally! When I told the Dr. what was happening, guess what he said? Yep "Well, you are at that age... blah blah blah." Ok, he didn't say the blah blah blah part but that's what I heard! My response to him was that I preferred to think that the print of things I read must be getting smaller and also that today's lighting is not as good as it could be rather than "I'm at that age..." He had a good chuckle over that. It turns out I have Presbyopia - defined as the natural decline in vision that often comes with age! Who knew!! Anyway, I had to get reading glasses which I ordered and actually cannot wait to get. As soon as they come in, I'll post a pic. Until now, can someone hold my computer away for me so I can see what I'm typing? I'll also need a personal chef because I'm having a hard time reading my cookbooks as well. Oh yes, how can I possibly see the setting on my washing machine, etc...:)