Tuesday, September 21, 2010

simple storage solutions...

A friend of mine posted a picture of a wreath on her front door which gave me my idea for my post tonight:

I have a few wreaths that I was tired of digging out of the garage when I switched them out every season. Yeah, you can buy those wreath storage boxes but to me, they were all expensive, too big and bulky for my wreaths so, I came up with this idea: I went to Bed Bath & Beyond and bought a purse hanger for my closet. It's a hook with a strap that hangs down which has 7 Velcro type loops on each side so it can hold 14 handbags (or more if you double hang). I took my wreaths, pulled the loop through and tada: my wreath hanger! I can get about 4 wreaths on each side with them overlapping just a bit. I like that they are inside my spare room closet now so I don't have to dig through the garage to get one. Here is a picture of it with just two wreaths on it so you can get the idea.


The other thing I did was I took all those pesky pant hangers that I get with the kids' clothes and used them to hang my garden flags! No more digging through a tote to find the one I want! Really, does anyone use those at home to re-hang those small pants anyway? :) Below is a pic. Enjoy!



3 comments:

Tish said...

Good idea!!!! :)

Kimberley said...

genius!!!! love it!

Nonna said...

Martha Stewart is in awe!