Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A day at the Spa

For Mother's Day this year, that's right, way back then, Mike bought me a "By The Sea" Spa Package gift certificate. It was such a nice gift and I FINALLY got to use it today! So, after I dropped the girls off at school, I trotted in to the Spa! First, I started with a one hour full body, aromatherapy massage. I was in Heaven for that whole hour! Then, I had a seaweed facial. Now, I've never had a spa facial before but let me tell you, I could get used to it. And honestly, it was more than the lady just putting a "mud" mask on me. There was a steam fan, some hot towels and a bunch of creams and good smelling stuff put on my face at various times! Not only was it a facial, it included a face, head, shoulder and neck massage and a foot massage as well! They did all the extras while I had the seaweed mask on. After that, it was off to the electric massage chair to have my spa pedicure and manicure done along with my drink of choice and a snack of cookies and fudge. YUMMM. Then, when I was through with that, it was on to the deep conditioning treatment, a shampoo and a style for my hair. All in all, it was a WONDERFUL 5 hours of pampering! Thanks Mike! You're the best!

1 comment:

Kimberley said...

that's a GRRRREAT day in my book!! i LOVE facials!!! i think better than a massage, maybe because i've had some bad massages, but never a bad facial. love the steam! so glad you got to be pampered!