Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The "kissmess tree" as Kaylee calls it...

The Christmas tree is decorated as of tonight! Of course, there's always one little thing that, shall we say, goes "wrong"! Year after year, we put ourselves through misery with our little tree topper "Tinkerbell." I love her and so do the kids. She's sparkles and has fiber optic wings that change color. Her only problem is the clip that holds her to the tree. They aren't flexible and are in a weird position on her back. This year, all went well for some reason but she was a little crooked. So, being the decorator of the family, I couldn't have that! Ok, I'll even call it a bit of OCD! I tried to straighten her by standing on our little 4ft ladder. Oh, that brings me to another point. On said four foot ladder, the bright yellow warning sign on the third rung warns you "Do not stand on or above this level." Therefore, my so called 4 foot ladder is really only about 2 1/4 foot. With that said, here's the issue: I'm 5'5", add 2'3" for the so called four foot
ladder and presto, one can do the math and figure it does not equal up to the 9 foot tree top! Yes, I tried to make it work but all I did was pull Tinkerbell off. OOPS! Ok, so it wasn't the word oops that came out of my mouth, it was more like she-ite, you get it. I told Mike what I did... his response "Argghh, that be-arch! (you get that word too I know) He hates her but I insist she tops our tree. So, the ladder still sits in my living room until Mike can get up there and "re-attach her! Ahhhhh, the joys of Christmas. All in all, it looks good and the kids are happy. Kaylee calls it the Kissmess tree. Cute. Jennah did most of the decorating as I was not feeling well. Of course after she went to bed, I did a little rearranging or ornaments to avoid the over clumping of reds, greens, and the like!

No comments: