Friday, May 15, 2009

best by...

For some reason, I felt compelled this morning to organize my pantry. I know my mom and Mike's cousin Debbie are laughing at me now as they read this because to them, I have some kind of "issue" with my compulsive checking of expiration dates on EVERYTHING I touch as far as food goes. So, I'm going to confess, I DID have ONE can of veggies that had "best by Feb 11, 2009" stamped on them. Now, most would say, they are still good because the wording "best by" however, I can't bring myself to open them up as it is after the date on the can. Ok, I'll admit, maybe I do have some issues...SOME! There, it's out... isn't that the first step to confronting a problem - to admit you have one? And yes, I am the girl who goes to my spice rack with my laptop to the McCormick website to punch in the codes on the bottom of my spice jars to see when they expire as well. So, in case you are out there and afraid to admit that your spices may be outdated... here's the McCormick link so you can check for yourself.. I won't tell anyone you were there! http://www.mccormick.com/Spices101/HowOldSpices.aspx
Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Nonna said...

I think the next time I babysit, I will swap my outdated spices for your fresh ones!!!!!!

Kimberley said...

Now you're just being silly. :)