Friday, May 8, 2009

I taught myself...

Ok, we all know my mom makes the nicest crochet blankets (see "An irregular grandma" post). Well, for some reason, I felt compelled to purchase an "I taught myself Crochet" kit. It came with the crochet hooks and some other crochet must haves along with an instruction book. I've always wanted to learn but found it hard as I am left handed an only know right handed people that crochet. So, imagine my joy to find that the book has instructions for lefties! I whipped out the book and the hooks along with my yarn purchase and proceeded to make my first crochet chain. That's where the fun ended. I tried and tried to make that "second lesson" step but just can't seem to get it right. I feel like I have two right hands! So, before I got frustrated (and tied myself up), I put the book and the hook down and decided to give it up for tonight. Oh well, is there any use for a crochet chain because I can make a pretty good one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't give up-Mom will show you!