Friday, December 4, 2009

The Plot...

I"m going to start off by saying that we have an alarm on our home. Not because we live in a bad neighborhood or anything like that, it was just part of the "builders package". Anyway, we have it set up so that if anyone opens a door or window, it beeps. I like it for the reason that I always know if the kids are going outside, or if someone is coming in. I told you this because it is part of today's Jennah story:

Jennah: "Mom, I've decided I'm going to sleep under the living room chair this year in order to catch Santa Claus."
Mom: "Well, if you catch Santa Claus, how will he bring toys to the other girls and boys?"
Jennah: "I'm not really going to catch him like with a net or a cage! I just want to catch him in the act of putting my gifts under the tree." "I tried to do this with the Easter Bunny last year but I was too late." "This year, I have a plan though."
Mom: "What's the plan?"
Jennah: "I'm going to secretly listen for the alarm beeps and then I'll know when he's sneaking in so I can watch him from under the chair."
Mom: "Oh."
Jennah: (evil giggles) "Yup, won't he be surprised when he sees I'm watching him this time."
Mom: "Oh yeah, he'll be real surprised."

Too cute!

5 comments:

Kimberley said...

Good thinkin Jennah!

Beth said...

oh my! She is so smart.

Steven said...

Just have Jennah leave a camera out and you can catch him at iCaughtSanta.com

Happy Holidays!
Steven Lockhardt
Founder - iCaughtSanta.com

Nonna said...

OK Mom-how do we get out of this one? That kid is just too smart!

Nonna said...

OK Mom, how do we get out of this one? That kid is just too smart.