Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The plan...

As I mentioned in my previous post, Kaylee had a nutrition eval yesterday. All went well. We discovered that Kaylee does not feel hunger which may be the reason she can eat a cheese stick and some juice for lunch and go without dinner. With that said, she is obviously not getting the nutrition she needs to grow. She's growing but very slowly - I'm guessing that would explain why my almost 4 yr old is wearing 2T pants! Now it is our job to "stretch" her stomach. We are going to do this through the use of high protein drinks and milkshakes. When her stomach gets bigger, she won't feel full all the time and maybe she'll learn to feel hungry. We'll eventually back off on the drinks and with feeding therapy continuing, hopefully she'll learn to eat new things that are good for her. For now, we'll wait and see what happens in this first month on the new plan. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. I just stumbled across your blog and I'm loving it. I'll definitely be following.

Check out my blog. I'm sure you'll love it!

www.theboyfriendshopper.blogspot.com

Beth said...

Good luck! I hope her stomach starts strecthing. I know how frustrating it is for you!