Friday, April 23, 2010

Too Much Mom....

As usual, I took Jennah to the bus stop this morning. I enjoy this time with her because we can usually have some good mother/daughter conversation. This morning was no exception:

Jennah: "Mom, why do you wave at me every day when I get on the bus?"
Me: "Oh, I'm not waving at you." "I'm waving at the bus driver because she waves at me."
Jennah: "Oh"
Me: "Do you want me to wave at you too?" "I can." "I'll even blow you kisses if you want."
Jennah: "Umm, no thanks." "That's a little too much mom for me."

A little later, the bus shows up and Jennah gets to her seat and looks out the window at me like she always does. No, I didn't wave or blow kisses at her. I just watched her smile big at me and off she went.

Even though I hadn't waved at her before, I was a little sad. I thought this moment would come later - like when she's a teenager. She's just growing up so fast. I guess I should be happy that I can still tell her I love her before she gets out of the car. She hasn't stopped me from doing that - yet.

No comments: