Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Presidents Day?

Jennah and I had a discussion this afternoon regarding her not having school next Monday. I told her she didn't have school because it was Presidents Day. Her response was: "Well, why can't the kids go to school to see the presidents?" She thought it was a day the the presidents go to the schools and that was why the schools were closed. So, tonight, I googled Presidents Day and we read about the meaning of it. She looked at me afterward and said "Well, that's funny that all the presidents have to have their birthday on the same day." I tried to explain it to her again but she just give me "the look." So, now that I've confused her, I guess we'll just enjoy the day off and maybe not mention the holiday when it arrives!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, "The Look" from Jennah is enough to make grown men shiver in fear!!!!!

Pittman said...

That's funny. President's day to me means NO WORK! Wooo-whooo!