Monday, March 16, 2009

I Survived...

I survived Kaylee's first day at Pre-K! Ok, really though, it was almost TOO quiet today so I did think of my baby girl often! I even almost missed the Dora the Explorer shows! I managed to re-arrange and clean out my spice cabinet and do an hours worth of volunteer work for the school so I feel good about that. When I went to pick the girls up, Kaylee seemed happy to see me. I say seemed as she was a bit scared. I think all the kids gathered in one area and the cars pulling up may have frightened her. Her teacher said she did quite well for her first day. She only asked for mommy once and - get this- did NOT use her Binkie at nap time! YEA! Her teacher also said "She's quite the talker!" I'm sure Miss Lesa (Kaylee's previous speech therapist at All Children's Hospital) would be proud. I am!


2 comments:

Mum Gone Mad said...

Well done you, I still have one baby left at home, goodness knows what I'll be like when she's off to pre-school :( Although I suspect I shall be quite happy to do without Dora the Explorer too... Sounds like she coped well though.Wanders off humming "Dora dora dora the explorerer.." Karen x

Beth said...

I am so glad she had a good time. Way to go Kaylee! Thanks for sending me the information about the bike trailer, I'm going to check it ou!