Thursday, March 26, 2009

Knowing...and then NOT Knowing!

So, as you may have read in the previous post, Mike and I went to a movie last night. We saw Knowing. I'm skeptical of Nicolas Cage movies as they are either good or they're flops with no in between. This one was pretty good. It had a lot of "on the edge of your seat" scenes along with a pretty good story line. The end (and I won't spoil it for you) was just ok for me but all in all, I did enjoy it. We also went out for dinner afterward to Winners. It's a sports bar type of restaurant. Now, here's a funny... I ordered a buffalo style chicken wrap. The waitress said "Would you like that hot?" Here's where my stupidity kicks in... I reply "Yes." Mike ordered the exact same thing. After the waitress left our table, I said to Mike "Now why on earth would she ask if I wanted my wrap hot?" - unless some people eat them cold like the Cool Wraps you can get at Chick-Fil-A. Needless to say, when she brought our food, I started eating and finally realized "hot" was used as a SPICY term and not a temperature term here. Oh My Gosh, that wrap was HOT! I thought my tongue would swell and I'd die right there! Next time, my answer is going to be "No thanks, mild will do!" See... we do need to get out more often!

3 comments:

Mum Gone Mad said...

Lol, oh dear I see spicy hot! I wouldn't have twigged either I'm sure. Sounds like a lovely evening tho :)

Anonymous said...

And according to your 6 going on 27 year old daughter, "hot" means the bikini clad girl on the billboard!!!!
But that's another story.

Beth said...

LOL! That is so funny. Also, ever time I think about taking pics of Luke's room he is in there sleeping. I will get them to you asap.

PS - that post about Jennah cracked me up. Put her in bed already!!!