Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools Day...

Jennah had to ride the bus this morning because Kaylee had an early appointment today that I would not have been able to meet if I had to drive to the school. So, this morning on the way to the bus stop, I was trying to explain to Jennah that today was April Fools Day and some of her classmates may try to trick her and play jokes. She acted like she didn't quite get why they would do this so after many explanations, I let it go and off she went to school. Now the funny part... I'm sitting at the table this afternoon going through the junk mail when Jennah walks up to me and says in a VERY serious tone: "Mom, I'm pregnant." followed a few seconds later by the phrase "April Fools!" I cracked up laughing. It was so funny to me that she was trying her best to pull off an April Fools joke yet she still doesn't quite get how it's done. I'm still chuckling but then I get these horrible thoughts in my head like "what if she wasn't joking". I know she's only 6 but in a few years, that joke is not going to be funny! ...... UGH!

6 comments:

Mum Gone Mad said...

Mmm, no not a phrase I want to hear anytime soon either! OMg and my eldest is 10... eeek nope another twenty years before that sort of thing young lady :) Ahh sweet tho that your girly was playing her best joke on you, now she knows about it she has a whole year to plan the next one luv Karen x

Kimberley said...

That is hilarous!!! and yet not. LOL

Anonymous said...

That kid is going to give me a heart attack!

Nonna said...

One of these days I'll get the hang of signing on to this!

Beth said...

SO NOT FUNNY JENNAH!!!! funny though.

Anonymous said...

That child makes me laugh!!! BTW was that a few more gray hairs popping out ???