Monday, May 18, 2009

Furniture

It is my opinion that Mike hates furniture. I truly believe he'd be ok living with beanbags for seating and cinder blocks and plywood for tables. I can honestly say, any piece of nice furniture that we have has been chosen and or bought by myself with one exception of our couch and recliner - he did help pick those out. Well, this past weekend, I was on a mission! I went to our newest furniture store, IKEA, and spotted a tv console that I HAD to have! Yes, I was really getting tired of the cheap little particle board stand we had in our living room. I know, it's not the living room we use all the time and we hardly even use this room except to play Wii but still, people that come to our house see it. So, wasn't he just thrilled when I came home and told him about the box I had in the back of the van! Well, it took us just a few hours to put it together once we started. I love it. He on the other hand could care less although he did admit it was nice. So, I took some pics of our before and after and I just know most of you will agree with me. It is solid spruce, no particle board, and is very nice isn't it?
Before...


After...

3 comments:

Mum Gone Mad said...

Lol, oh goodness me, my Other Half often mentions scaffold board and blocks to make shelving! Needless to say I glare at him uncomprehendingly until he shuts up :) luv Karen x

Kimberley said...

Love it, looks great!

Nonna said...

It really looks so good!