Sunday, May 17, 2009

They grow so fast...

Why we love school uniforms: Well, when you have a girl who is a fashion queen, there is no argument about what she is going to wear in the morning. She can get up, pick out the color polo shirt she wants to wear match it up with the uniform dress, skirt or shorts and that's it. I don't have to listen to "Well, Sally has such an such brand jeans and I don't, etc. She knows what she has to wear and that's it.

Why I hate uniforms: You can only find them at the beginning of the school year so towards the end of the year, when your child has had about eight months of eating and growing (I swear she's drinking Miracle Grow when I'm not looking), nothing fits right anymore. I bought the next size up last August when school started because I knew she'd grow out of them. Well, she had on a uniform shirt on Friday and I made her take it off because I was sure it was one that she wore when she was in kindergarten... NOT! It was one that I had bought in the next bigger size! So, this August, do I go two sizes bigger and then maybe they'll fit towards the end of the year but in August, she'll look like she's got a tent wrapped around her? I'm not sure what I'll do. All I know is that for now, I'll tell her to not raise her hand so high so her little belly won't show! Kids... they grow so fast!

No comments: