Wednesday, June 24, 2009

NWA Day 5

We started off the day by sleeping in AGAIN! So, my point is this - maybe it's not a big deal to get a hotel that offers free breakfast if we can't get up in time to eat it! It's ok though, the girls don't seem to mind waking up and eating lunch! Anyway, we ate at the Whole Hog Cafe for lunch with my friends from where I used to work. I really do miss them but then I think do I miss work.... nah. Ok, maybe sometimes I do!

Mike was able to get out of work early today which allowed me some time without the kids! I dropped him and the girls off at Chuck E Cheese (yes, they went there again) and I went to the local scrapbook store and then on to the mall. We then went back to the hotel so Kaylee could get her nap - trust me, she needs her nap even when she's on vacation! When she woke up, we were off to John and Beth's house for dinner. I know Beth's going to disagree with anything I say from here on but really, the food was great, and we would rather have home cooking than go out to dinner every night with the kids. Honestly, everything was delicious! (don't forget to send the salsa recipe) We had a very nice time watching the kids play together and just sitting around catching up on things since we've been gone. Really, Beth, don't let me see any negative comments on my post from you or John, I promise, everything was wonderful!

With that said, it's now time for us to hit the pillows! I just know we're going to miss breakfast again tomorrow!

2 comments:

Kimberley said...

Good times at Beth's? You sure? Just kidding! I like her salsa too!

Beth said...

We really enjoyed having you and Mike and especially the girls! Kate had a good time. Thank you for the nice words about the food...next time Pizza!