Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to me...

I woke up this morning to be reminded by Jennah that I'm older now! Yes - today is my birthday! It's been a lovely day so far. I took Jennah to bowling camp this morning where we met up with my favorite Aunt and Uncle. They sat with me and watched Jennah's attempts at bowling! We all went for lunch afterwards. Mmmmm, Steak & Shake! Jennah and I love to go there after bowling. It's like our "girls lunch" thing! Anyway, when we got home, Mike took Jennah out shopping. When they returned, Jennah came running into the house and gave me her sleep mask - ya know, that blue mask she wears over her eyes when she sleeps! I was instructed to put it on and to not peek until they said I could. Well, mind you, I was sitting at the table with Kaylee who saw Jennah and daddy walk in while I was "blindfolded". Leave it to a three year old who started yelling in her most excited voice "Yea! Birthday Cake!" Perhaps the eye mask would have been better off on her instead of me! So, yes, there was birthday cake and a few things from daddy and the girls. One of which is a machine (called a Jukebox) that hooks up to my Cricut cutting machine for scrapbooks. I also received a necklace from Jennah which as Jennah stated "Just so happens to match a dress that I (Jennah) like." No, not a dress of mine, one of hers! So, I'm sure I'll find my new necklace in Jennah's room some day! She is a ham! Anyway, my big day isn't over yet but I wanted to share in case I don't get back on the computer tonight. Thanks to all of you who have wished me a happy birthday!

Mmmm, cake!

My new scrapbook toy!
A very pretty candle holder that
I received last night from Mike's
dad and stepmom! The pic doesn't
do it justice... I love it!

4 comments:

Kimberley said...

Happy Birthday to you! Cake looks good!

So you're a big scrapper, eh? I've only done one album (for our wedding & honeymoon). I bought all the things to do one for Jacob's 1st year, but I've yet to start. Need my own scrapbook room. :)

Kimberley said...

Oh...

p.s. what does the jukebox do? looks fancy.

Mum Gone Mad said...

Mmmmmm cake! Looks lovely, and sounds like you had a day to match :) I know it's late but Happy Birthday to you xxx

Beth said...

Sounds like you had a great day! HB!