Friday, August 21, 2009

Homework...

As you read (previous post), we visited Jennah's new school for open house the other day. Upon leaving her classroom, which we've now discovered isn't her classroom at all, she was given a back to school project to complete during the first week of school. She is to take a brown paper bag or a shoebox and decorate it with pictures that depict her interests. She is then to place three items inside that she would like to share with the class. I gave her a shoebox - yeah, can't believe I had one but lucky for her, she just got some new shoes for bowling and since we haven't used the shoes yet, they were still in the box! I also gave her some of my magazines that I had not tossed out yet so she could go through and cut out some pictures. For those of you who know Jennah, you'll find the following funny... Here is a short list of the types of pictures she cut out: A bowl of soup - we all know this kid can put down some soup. Take her to Sweet Tomatoes and she'd pull up a chair to the soup bar if she could. Pictures of dogs - she really misses our dog Ebony who we sadly had to put down almost two years ago. Clothes and jewelry - She is the fashion queen of the family. A plant - huh? I don't get this one but okay, I'm not going to say anything. Pictures of some art work - Jennah is very artistic and loves to draw. She did find a picture of an eye mask used for sleeping which she has and loves but she changed her mind about using it because it had an advertisement for some sleep medication on it! Thank goodness she changed her mind - I could go to jail for that one as there was a time when she was little that she told a teacher "My mommy gives me sleeping pills at night to make me go to bed." Not true, not true at all I don't know why she said it - I swear! And finally, a picture of Elvis - Yes, that's right, she loves to imitate Elvis. She'll run around the house with her pj's unbuttoned halfway, do "the moves" and say "Uhh Huh, Thank You, Thank You Very Much". Now for the three thing she'll put in the box, well, that'll be another post as she hasn't decided yet. My guess is it'll be a spoon, a bowl and a can of soup!

No comments: