Monday, August 17, 2009

We're back...

Wow, I can't believe it's been a whole week since I "Scooped" last! We've been busy so I'll give you a quick rundown of the week along with some photos to share. Mike of course has kept busy with work and the girls and I are making the most of the last few days before school starts. We've been picking up the last of the school supplies and all the necessities to get them going. We took the girls on a mini vacation to the beach this past weekend. We got a late start on Friday and stayed until Sunday evening. It was wonderful. Our hotel was right on the beach and I do mean right on the beach! No parking lots or streets to cross, not even a sand dune to cross... as soon as we walked out the back of the hotel, there was the beach. We chose a pool view room which was very nice and we had a great view of the ocean as well. We also made it out to the Mote Marine Aquarium. The kids really enjoyed that. Did I mention we bought a new car? Yep, we finally cut the cord with the green van and took advantage of the cash for clunkers program. We ended up with a Nissan Cube. It's a cute car and very fun to drive. I didn't realize how much I missed my stick shifting! All in all, we had a very good week and are well rested for this coming one.

Jennah decided to put her own suncreen on!

A view of the beach from our room.
Kaylee patiently waiting for the water to come to her bucket!

A friendly manatee at the Aquarium.

The Nissan Cube.

2 comments:

Beth said...

the cube is so y'all. Where did you go to the beach? Anna Maria Island? Sounds like so much fun!

Karen said...

@ Kim - We went to Lido Key which is the Southern end of the Island. Anna Maria is on the Northern end.Good guess though!