Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I thought I was ready...

I thought I was ready for the new school year. I bought the girls' uniforms as soon as I saw them because I had issues finding the correct sizes last year. I printed off the school supplies list and already shopped. I had everything or so I thought until I received a phone call today. Jennah was tested for the gifted program at the beginning of summer and passed with flying colors. So, with that said, and with the phone call this morning, she'll now be attending the local school for gifted children. That's where all my pre-shopping went downhill. They have a few things on the supplies list that she didn't need for the other school yet a few things that I bought that she'll not need now. She'll also not need the uniforms I bought as they wear regular clothes with a few exceptions - no torn jeans, or explicit shirts. Not to worry though, I don't let her wear those either. Anyway, it just means that I have to go buy her some clothes to wear to school since I planned on her wearing uniforms. I hadn't bought her any new regular clothes and I know her old ones don't fit. Oh well,,, I can handle shopping, I was just going to avoid all the last minute school shoppers this weekend. I guess I'll be one of them now.

1 comment:

Nonna said...

We are so proud of Jennah!