Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A look back...

I was chatting with a friend tonight on Facebook. She is going to Costa Rica for the holidays. Yeah, I'm jealous. It is beautiful there. Anyway, I sent her the link to my Panama Canal Cruise photo page so she could get a glimpse of our stop in Costa Rica. While doing so, I had to look back at some of the pictures and came across this one. It's from a happy day yet a sad one at the same time. I'll start with the sad part: It was our last day on the ship! I know, kind of silly but when you've gone on an awesome 18 day cruise through the Panama Canal, who would want to go home! Now for the happy part: It was the second day that our little Kaylee was walking on her own! She waited and had us carry her and push her around in the stroller the whole trip until the next to the last day when she took her first steps by herself without holding on to someone or something! We were all in our pajamas ready for bed when she decided it was "her time to walk" and walked around the whole deck! Even people we didn't know were looking out their cabin doors cheering her on! For those of you who know us well, you know we had waited so long for her to walk on her own! What great memories we'll always have of that trip - thanks Kaylee!

2 comments:

Nonna said...

I remember even the crew was cheering her on!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet story and picture. Made me tear up! Kim