Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's not my turn...

I'm not an overly religious person but there are some times when I just know I'm being watched over. Today for instance was one of those times - in a HUGE way. I was on my way home from Tampa when a car on the highway came so close to side-swiping me in my lane, I could have probably touched it when it went by. I slowed down to let it pass so I didn't have to be beside it. As I watched this car cross the dotted line several more times, my initial thought was "wow, what a jerk". Then, suddenly, the car went into the median, came back across the highway right in front of me and flipped three times before landing sideways in some trees. Honestly, I don't know how I didn't hit the car or have it hit me. I ended up on the side of the highway and immediately called 911. Another motorist stopped to check on me - luckily I was not hurt at all (neither was my car!) but I was pretty shook up. We then went to help the lady in the car that flipped. I was scared to go look at first fearing she was dead but then we saw her trying to get out of her vehicle. She was disoriented and had a huge gash on her head. I'm not sure why she kept crossing over into the other lanes or why she lost control, but I AM sure of one thing, God was watching over me and it was not my turn to go. Here are some pics...


The vehicle where it came to rest... you can't tell but it's facing South -
we were traveling North!

The help arrives...

The other driver being taken to the hospital...

No comments: