Sunday, August 2, 2009

company today..

Yes, you've heard it before... We love having company come over. Today was no different... or was it? We knew my brother and his family were coming over this weekend so I decided that I'd bake a cake since it was his girlfriend's birthday last Wednesday. It was a great idea, only my timing was way off. Yes, I was baking a cake at 9:00 pm and stayed up until 1:00AM carving and decorating it. I know, crazy huh? Well, I wanted to be sure it was ready when they came over. I'm glad I did it last night as we had some errands to take care of this morning. No problem - Well, one might think. You see, when you're silly enough to bake a cake, cut it into flip flop shapes and decorate it in the wee hours of the morning, one doesn't always want to clean up at that time. So, I made the decision to clean up after we got back from running around this morning. Normally when my brother comes over he usually shows up around 3ish. No, not today... Today's the day he shows up while my sink is full of cake pans and decorating stuff! In fact, we were barely in the door when they came knocking! Anyway, at least it was just him and his family. I got the dishes done while we chatted and had some laughs! We had a great time and everyone loved the cake.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Awesome cake!

Kimberley said...

wow, i'm impressed. did you free hand that? are those raisins for the toenails?