Friday, February 20, 2009

School Bus Seat Belts

This afternoon, I waited 45 minutes after the normal drop off time for Jennah's bus to arrive. I asked her what took it so long. Well, apparently, a kid took his seat belt off and the buckle part of it hit a girl and sliced her forehead open. The bus driver had to stop the bus and help stop the bleeding. Then, a few of the kids became sick and nearly passed out from seeing this and the blood. This is the second time on Jennah's bus this year (that I'm aware of) that the seat belts have caused an injury of some sort. Jennah lost one of her teeth because of the seat belts when the buckle part got hung up on a girl's backpack; Then as the girl walked away, it "let go" and hit Jennah in the mouth. I'll be glad when Kaylee starts school as I'm going to start driving them to and from! I can't drive Jennah now because of Kaylee's therapy times but as of now, I'm counting down the days.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Seat belts? We didn't have seat belts back in the day when I rode the school bus. That would have impeded us running up and down the aisle!