Thursday, April 9, 2009

Who knew?

I have the Easy Accent Decorator from Pampered Chef. I've had it for a while and I love it for making deviled eggs and decorating other desserts. It makes them pretty! Well, the last time I used it, the ring on the bottom that holds the tip broke. Great, now what? Well, here's the bad news and the good news... the bad news is they don't make the replacement part for my decorator anymore because I have "the old style". I refuse to pay $20 for a new decorator when all I need is the ring so I hopped on line and Googled for help! Now the good news... Did you know that you can use the ring from a Playtex Bottle for the ring on the decorator. Yepper, it fits perfectly! (see pic). So, I spent $2.50 for the bottle - which for that price I'll toss as I don't have any use for a bottle - and now I have my decorator back in time to make deviled eggs for Easter! Yea!

3 comments:

Beth said...

at first, i was a little scared to read the post...didn't know what that thing was :)
Now I think i want one!!! HAppy Easter!

Kimberley said...

How neato! Have fun decorating!

Suzanne said...

I had the same problem with my Easy Accent Decorator. I bought the Platex Nurser Original Bottle to use the ring. Do the tips "wiggle" or is it a tight fit? Mine seem to wiggle. I worry it will leak/ooze around the sides.