Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A simple meal

Ok, since my other friends are posting some delicious recipes, I thought I'd share a simple crock pot recipe tonight:

Buffalo Chicken Wraps

2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs

1/2 tsp. salt

3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce

3/4 cup ranch dressing

1 package (8 or 10 count) flour tortillas (burrito size)

3 cups shredded lettuce (of course, I bought the pre-shredded bag lettuce)


In at least a 1 1/2 qt slow cooker, place chicken and sprinkle with salt (I didn't use the salt)

Cover; cook on LOW heat setting 6 to 7 hours. (I stirred it around once or twice during cooking)

With slotted spoon, remove chicken from slow cooker, place in bowl.

Discard liquid from slow cooker.

In slow cooker, mix buffalo wing sauce and 1/4 cup ranch dressing.

With two forks, shred chicken. (mine was so tender, it fell apart so I didn't even have to do this step)

Return chicken to slow cooker; stir gently to mix with sauce.


To serve, spread each tortilla (FYI, I microwave the tortillas so they are warmed) with 1 tbsp ranch dressing; top each with 1/2 cup chicken mixture and about 1/3 cup lettuce (ok, so I didn't measure this part out either!)

Roll up tortillas and enjoy!


EASY and delicious. You can also add diced tomato to the tortillas before rolling but we like them plain. If you aren't a big fan of buffalo wing sauce, try barbecue. I bet it would be good!








2 comments:

Kimberley said...

sounds yummy - will have to give it a try. my hubby loves "buffalo" anything, so I bet this would be a winner for him!

Beth said...

SOunds good! I love the pic of the happy plate!